Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Layout Update


Im getting really happy with the designs for my palace. My Layout design teacher, Oliver Sin, advised me to make the architecture more exciting, and I think it works much better in this wonky way. I added a lot more flourish to it, too, looking at Art Nouveau designs and architecture from Prague! It definitely has the feel that I want this world to have. :}



I really liked my childrens room when I drew it originally, but I like it so much more now that I did it in a wonky style. Its so much smaller and cuter!




Im really happy with my cable car shop design as well, I think the different versions of wonky style are really fun, and I love using markers for value studies. This whole process was enlightening on so many different levels- like ink markers and tracing paper magic!

1 comment: