Monday, September 21, 2009

Char-cool


Finished Coffee, Tea and Wine. Decided to dedicate it to Crystal, since its every beverage we enjoy together (sans beer). Still getting used to charcoals as a medium, which I am discovering is very tricky to make look good and make look right. Our next project for Chiaroscuro will be to recreate an old image of a Hollywood movie star with really dramatic lighting. Ive made a compilation of the ones I was considering, and for a few weeks I had my mind set on Anna there, shes relatively easy, its a very sexy picture, but the more I think about it the more I want to push myself. Which is also really scary because I want to do well on this project, and not mess everything up... In any case I think Im going to go with Nicole Kidman on this one. (digging a huge hole?)





At the moment I am struggling through plotting out shadows in a very technical manner in perspective, for that street scene. You can check out the example from our class blog here, http://ill625.blogspot.com/ if you happen to understand it please let me know, so you can help me out. >_< In other news!! Apoptygma Berzerk came to town last night, the last leg of their tour! I cant believe I finally got to see them live! Amazing show, great performers, cool guys! Awesomeness!

1 comment:

  1. Nice stuff 8) good luck with the shadow plotting, that looks way hard.

    ReplyDelete